Managed Content Filtering
Managed Gateway Spam Eradication
Managed Gateway Anti-Virus
|Managed Gateway Spam Eradication
SecureAccess Managed Gateway Spam Eradication (MGSE) Features:
ProtectPoint uses over 250 different Baysian and Heuristic methods to ensure the email you get is not spam:
- We eliminate between 90 to 99% spam with an extremely low false positive rate (typically sub .01%).
- Real-time inbound and outbound Gateway based spam detection and elimination. This protects your mail server from receiving, storing or the management of worthless spam emails.
- 24x7x365 Toll-free phone and email support available from our Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Spam management support and security incident escalation procedures that are tailored to fit your business needs.
- New spam signatures are updated every second throughout the day to protect you against even the most recent spam.
- Secure web-based quarantine interface to manage suspected spam with options to delete or forward messages guarantees you never lose any important messages due to false classification.
- Flexible configuration allows you to choose whether MGSE quarantines spam messages or modifies and then forwards the email allowing your desktop mail client to filter it into a spam folder for later review.
- Detailed quarantine activity reports available at our secure customer portal.
- Fast Deployment due to seamless integration of the SecureAccess managed anti-spam gateway into your existing network. No changes are required to your Mail Server, Client Desktop, DNS or MX records!
- ProtectPoint's MGSE requires very little configuration; you do not need to continually update it with details of your mail accounts, mailing list memberships, etc. It accomplishes filtering without this knowledge, as much as possible.
- Truth Evaluation System (TeS): ProtectPoint has a transparent, back-end component known as TeS. TeS is a combination of a reputation system and pattern recognition heuristics that assigns trust to reporters and confidence values (between 0-100) to every signature. Users can set an acceptable confidence level in their ProtectPoint configuration. The server also publishes a recommended confidence level. This service has been designed to eliminate false positives of legit bulk email that were occasionally generated.
SecureAccess Managed Gateway Spam Eradication (MGSE) Specifications:
- Wide-spectrum: ProtectPoint MGSE uses a wide variety of local and network tests to identify spam signatures. This makes it harder for spammers to identify one aspect which they can craft their messages to work around.
- Header analysis: spammers use a number of tricks to mask their identities, to fool you into thinking they've sent a valid mail, or fool you into thinking you must have subscribed at some stage. SecureAccess spots these and eliminates spam.
- Text analysis: again, spam mails often have a characteristic style (to put it politely), and some characteristic disclaimers and "CYA" text. SecureAccess can spot these, too and delete.
- Blacklists: SecureAccess supports many useful existing blacklists, such as mail-abuse.org, ordb.org or others. (Some of these blacklist services are available at extra cost: see us for details)
- Razor Database Support: Vipul's Razor is a collaborative spam-tracking database, deployed at over 200,000 sites, which works by taking a signature of spam messages. Since spam typically operates by sending an identical message to hundreds of people, Razor short-circuits this by allowing the first person to receive a spam to add it to the database -- at which point everyone else will automatically block it.
All popular operating systems, email servers and email client applications are supported. The SecureAccess Managed Gateway Spam Eradication can be quickly and easily installed and used to protect:
Why do you need Managed anti-spam security service from SecureAccess?
- Workstations: DOS, Windows 95/98/Me/XP, Servers: 2000/2003/NT/XP and OS/2, Linux, Solaris
- E-mail gateways: MS Exchange Server, Lotus Notes, Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix, Exim
- E-mail clients: Outlook, Outlook Express, Notes, Eudora, Netscape, etc.
SecureAccess Relationship Bonus Features:
- Employee Productivity: Your users have to wade through a barrage of spam that can be up to 45% of your email traffic. Take the burden of deleting spam away from your end users and get them back to work fast!
- Corporate Liability: You are required to provide a safe working environment for your employees and can be held liable and sued if pornographic emails are delivered to a user. SecureAccess eliminates this risk!
- We are certified security experts and we take the time to keep up to the minute on all of the latest developments in spam elimination and eradication research. You should be focusing on your business, not on managing the deluge of spam! That's our job!
- Spam costs you about $1 per message to deal with! According to a study by Harris, costs to deal with each spam message delivered to an end user has costs that add up quickly: more bandwidth, more storage on email servers, more tape backup storage required, more IT administrative time and an average of 4.5 seconds per email to review and delete each spam message. Save time and money with spam elimination!
- We do all the Updates: You can't stay up every night and work weekends to administer your whitelists, blacklists and spam signatures. We do!
- Free Content Filtering Engine and software system updates for the life of the service!
- "SecureAccess Security Trends" subscription. Our e-newsletter provides your staff with concise information about current security trends, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Access to our experienced, certified Security Analysts and Engineers.
- Discounts on other security products, Internet service, training and consulting services.
- SecureAccess analysts and security engineers review and receive, on a daily basis, information from hundreds of sources to ensure we are constantly abreast of the latest security threats thereby enabling us to understand and respond to your critical security issues.